Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need quick idea for dinner tonight

Options
Sandi
Sandi Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have 6 1-1/4 inch chops cut from a loin that I need to cook this evening. Had no time to marinate, brine or anything else. What do you good folks think I should do with them this evening?

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Sandi,[p]That is a favorite of mine. I do mine fast and hot (lean meat) and pretty much like a steak. I do mine around 600 deg or more, they are always approx 2" thick. I sometimes use Char-Crust but salt/pepper and sear for 3-5 min per side and dwell for 5+ (until 155 center) is reached is great. If thinner, cut back the times a little.[p]Enjoy[p]Tim
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Sandi,[p]With loin chops that thick you could also stuff them if you wanted. Make an easy stuffing and cut the chops in half partially through or kinda butterflied, then wrap with butchers twine to cook. I've cooked mine 300-350, not sure of times on that, sorry. Would guess about 20-25 minutes? direct. Dont hold me to that though. Just an idea, good luck.[p]As TimM said, cooking them like a steak is good also, quick sear and then dwell.[p]Have a great evening.[p]Troy[p]PS: If this is the toughest decision you have to make all day then count yourself lucky.
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Sandi,[p]Please take that last comment in the way that it was intended. I meant it in the lightest tone possible and absolutely NO disrespect at all. Re-reading my post caused me reason to reconsider and dont want any ruffled feathers, and that PS may ruffle a feather or two. Sorry if there was any misinterpretation.[p]Good luck with the chops, they are one of my favorites no matter how they're cooked.[p]Troy
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Sandi,
    I like to rub some jerk on them, coat them with Shake'N Bake and grill, indirect, according to the instructions on the box. Sounds wierd but is a favorite of mine. JCA

• Sandi
    Sandi Posts: 107
    Options
    sprinter,[p]P.S. was taken as it was meant...in a light tone. [p]