Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ABT Stuffing question

Steeler FanSteeler Fan Posts: 395
edited 3:19PM in EggHead Forum
Just finished slicing Pastrami using the Third Eye recipe. Good and have a couple of pounds left. I have a pound of jalapeno peppers but only a little bit of pulled pork left over. Wondering has anybody tried pastrami as a filling?

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Steeler Fan,
    Why not? -RP

• Steeler FanSteeler Fan Posts: 395
    AZRP, will do and thank You.
  • Steeler Fan,[p]Sounds good to me ... mix a lil' shredded swiss, and some well-drained Bavarian kraut in with your cream cheese, too ... and call them atomic reubens!!

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Steeler Fan,[p]Dang, Chez's ideas sound pretty good. I have a draft of an ABT page in the works, so please report back with your findings.[p]BTW, Mrs thirdeye makes Reuben pizzas with pastrami, kraut, onion and two or three cheeses, one of which is Swiss. We use a spicy mustard, dabbed on after slicing.[p]~thirdeye~[p]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,718
    Chez,
    i like that, the butcher near me makes reuben pies, ground corned beef,swiss, saurkraut and thousand islands in a lard crust. would make a good abt i believe

• HermHerm Posts: 206
    thirdeye,
    That sounds like a great idea. I've got to try that. Any pics?

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Herm,[p]Nope. You're just gonna have to trust it without the visual. LOL[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Chez,[p] You be the master of the not so obvious ingredient combinations.. [p] Thinking it's time to try making some Tasso on my egg.. Didn't so good on those dang CharGrillers..[p]
  • HermHerm Posts: 206
    thirdeye,
    You haven't steered me wrong yet!