Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil???

Options
Pug
Pug Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a London Broil in the frig. for tomorrow night and my mouth is already watering. I am assuming the best way is to lightly season or marinate before cooking, sear at around 600 degrees, then dwell. Is this the best way? Does anyone have a suggestion on cooking time and a favorite marinade or seasoning. Thanks![p]Steve

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Pug,
    I like a Guinness Stout marinade. Simple. With Guiness and some fresh garlic and cracked black pepper. Guinnes....good.[p]If you can't get Guinness in time to marinate overnight (a 2 hour marinade at room temp is better than no marinade) Guinness, maybe a tad of lime juice, pepper/garlic powder and a dusting of kosher salt will do.[p]A sear at 600-700, 4 minutes a side, and dwell 10-30 minutes (I dwell with top open, bottom closed) until an internal of 135-140 (medium). Slice very thin against grain, and include shrooms in the deal.[p]Most of all....enjoy!
    Beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    What cut of meat do you use? If it's an overnight marinate do you use just the fresh garlic, pepper and Guinness?
    Thanks,
    B D

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    London broil is usualy done with a nice chunk of top round. Sometimes they even label it "London Broil". Just the Guinness garlic and pepper would be perfect I think. [p]Another way to cook it is to do the searing, then slice the rare meat, then sear the slices until they are done to your liking.[p]Whatever you do, it is very tasty!
    Great weekend!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks, I'm heading to the meat market.
    B D

• Pug
    Pug Posts: 57
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I ended up using what I had in the cabinet. I rubbed it with garlic pepper, onion salt and some dry mustard. The combo sounded good at the time. It will be cooked for supper tonight if I can wait that long. Thanks for your help.[p]Steve