Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil

Options
Matt
Matt Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all --[p]Ready to try my first London Broil on the Egg tonight. It's seasoned and waiting in the fridge right now. I'll warm up to room temperature and rub it down with oil before grilling, but what does my method need to be? Dome temp? Raised or "regular" grid? Time per side for medium rare? I've got some pecan wood I'll be using for flavor (Wicked Good Competition Blend for heat).[p]Happy Sunday. Hope everybody else's bracket looks better'n mine.[p]Matt

Comments

• Legally Blind Egghead
    Options
    Matt,[p]T-Rex it![p]I sear mine for about 2 min per side and rest for about 20 minutes as I close down vents and wait til it dome reaches 400. (Also lets juices re-distribute which is crucial!) Apply more DP rub too.[p]Use a probe and finish til 125-135. Take off five degrees before your liking and tent under foil for 5-10 minutes and then slice thinly across the grain.

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Matt,[p]I t-rex mine with a 2 minute sear on each side. I let it rest until the egg drops to 400 then I finish it which for me is about 6 minutes per side.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX