Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weather

Options
smoking pup
smoking pup Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just curious
If you are cooking along and it starts to rain, will this cause the egg to crack due the cooling effect on the outside and heat on the in?[p]smoking pup

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    smoking pup,
    No.
    Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    smoking pup,
    to add a little to NB's long winded answer ;),
    based on my experience, Nope! I have started it from below zero in the winter with no problem. Tonite while doing some steaks it started raining and although I moved the egg closer under the eaves, (to keep me dry) there was still some rain hitting it and it did not hurt it a bit. This was at ~600* and no problems. Hope this helps.
    ChefRD

• Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    snowegg.jpg
    <p />smoking pup,[p]Neither Rain, sleet or snow will keep Mr. egg from smokin. I'm glad the white stuff is all gone now but here's a picture of my large BGE smokin some pork butt during a snow storm.[p]Mr Beer
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    bbcas14.jpg
    <p />smoking pup,[p]It seems like whenever it rains -- I am "told" to cook outside on the Eggs. It hasn't rained here in 3+ weeks so sometimes I cook in dry weather. My dog, Coty, loves rib nights and this picture was one of those nights when a big downpour hit. [p]The only time I have had trouble in rain is starting the fire. If enough rain hits the small area that is lit, it might go out (it never has but could). Once fired up it is pretty hard for rain to bother it. [p]Tim
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Tim M,[p] Seems kind of funny, when you disappear the chicken man shows up, now we see someone in a dog costume , kind suspicious if I do say so. Do you by chance know Superman??[p]Earl