Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork loss ratio

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Somewhere in the archives..there is a post, that I cant find, I believe one of you guys weighed before and afters on some butts...just totaled my 4 up and come up with just over 22#...any ideas on how much pulled pork I may end up with....might just have to add 1 more to the pile....we are feeding 75 people..however P/P wont be the only item served..[p]Wess

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    WessB,[p]I haven't done as many butts as some here have but, in my experience, you can expect about 33% shrinkage. I've read that you should figure on 5 oz. meat per sammich.[p]K~G

• Unknown
    Options
    WessB,
    I get about 14-16 sandwiches from an 8 lb butt. For our tailgate parties i usually cook two 8 pounders for about 30 people. It's always gone pretty quick, and there is tons of other things to eat.
    If I was cooking for 75 people that were counting on having some pulled pork, I would try to cook 5 eight pounders.