Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duck on the Egg

Options
Peggy
Peggy Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do any of you have a good cooking experience with boneless, skinless, duck breasts. My 18 yr old son is now into hunting and we have several in the freezer. I was thinking about wrapping them in bacon and cooking around 350, but I am afraid I might dry them out. Last week, I ate at a landmark establishment in Bisbee, AZ called the LaRoca in which their signature dish is "smoked duck". In speaking with the waiter, the chef smokes them low and slow with the bone in and skin on. It is wonderful. [p]Look forward to your thoughts on the matter. Thanks so much!![p]Peggy

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Peggy,
    If you are talking about wild duck, lo-n-slo will dry it out like shoeleather; not enough fat. A farm-raised, fatty duck would work well lo-n-slo, but the skin and its underlying fat must be left on. The most common way that restaurants and others do it is to sear the breast and serve them medium rare to rare; thinly sliced. Have fun!

• Peggy
    Peggy Posts: 122
    Options
    Marvin, yes, I have had duck the way you describe above. Perhaps that is the path I will take as these are wild duck. Thanks so much!