Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Gretl's Bourbon Dijon Salmon - variation on the theme

sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]I had another fillet of salmon, about 5 pounds, and was hankerin to cook it last night but didnt have the time to do Gretl's awesome bourbon dijon slower cook method, so I used the glaze and did the salmon direct. I raised the grill with my extender and cooked it at 300 for about 20 minutes. I basted it 3-4 times with the glaze during the cook and the sugar and bourbon added a nice crust to the fish. I used my fish cooker/veggie cooker rubbed with olive oil to keep it from sticking and it turned over wonderfully, no sticking at all. It was a huge hit, the whole 5 pounds went with the kids eating more than their fair share of it, my son asked for more chicken, I didnt tell him it was fish. Served it with a fresh spinach and lettuce salad, picked from the garden while the fish was cooking. And had a mexican rice as well. Overall a GREAT dinner, now I have to try that recipe as posted and give it some more time, I'm sure its a winner if its anything like the direct method. Thanks Gretl for an awesome recipe.[p]Troy

Comments