Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Gretl's Bourbon Dijon Salmon - variation on the theme

sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]I had another fillet of salmon, about 5 pounds, and was hankerin to cook it last night but didnt have the time to do Gretl's awesome bourbon dijon slower cook method, so I used the glaze and did the salmon direct. I raised the grill with my extender and cooked it at 300 for about 20 minutes. I basted it 3-4 times with the glaze during the cook and the sugar and bourbon added a nice crust to the fish. I used my fish cooker/veggie cooker rubbed with olive oil to keep it from sticking and it turned over wonderfully, no sticking at all. It was a huge hit, the whole 5 pounds went with the kids eating more than their fair share of it, my son asked for more chicken, I didnt tell him it was fish. Served it with a fresh spinach and lettuce salad, picked from the garden while the fish was cooking. And had a mexican rice as well. Overall a GREAT dinner, now I have to try that recipe as posted and give it some more time, I'm sure its a winner if its anything like the direct method. Thanks Gretl for an awesome recipe.[p]Troy

Comments