Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

11# Barbecue Shoulder on my Large Egg -- Now with a picture!

Options
Matt
Matt Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got a couple of requests for this picture earlier today. This is an 11# barbecue shoulder (i.e., picnic + butt) at the end of the cook. Served it with Piedmont-style sauce, barbecue (aka, red) slaw, beans, and rolls.[p]Hope the picture post works....[p]

IMG_3813-1.jpg[p]

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Matt,
    Thanks for posting that, I grew up on cooking shoulders and can't get them here anymore. Looks great! -RP

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Matt,[p]Beautiful job .... Thanks for posting that. I have to talk to the processor to see if I can get one in that weight range. Full shoulders are the best.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Shoe
    Shoe Posts: 67
    Options
    Friday I was in downtown Detroit and dropped by Central Market. Had to drag myself away from a counter that had a couple whole shoulders behind it. No excuse for buying one, with five pounds of pulled pork still in the deep freeze, but man that looks good...