Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It’s A Sickness

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited 11:28AM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday Morning, I grabbed the golf clubs and started to call around to see who wanted to hit nine holes. I had no luck so I did the next best thing, I fired up the egg to make some jerky. And now comes the sick part… I had just lit the fire starter and I did not even have the meat on yet, Scot called and said that he was ready to golf and I opted out. Now that is a sickness. [p]I traded nine holes of golf for seven hours of yard work and Jerky making. I am still sore.[p]Tonight is a skirt steak for fajitas as part of a belated Cinco De Mayo meal. The local grocery store only had some bad looking jalapeno peppers, but I did find a Poblano after much searching.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    RhumAndJerk,
    You saved some money, got some much needed yardwork done, and now you have jerky that will last you all week. Fair trade for a game of golf I'd say.
    Nice work. Have fun with the fajitas!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Nature Boy,
    I started with three pounds of brisket and it is not going last all week. I will be amazed if it lasts the next two days. I used some Mrs. Dogs and stiff shot of Rhum. I also add some crushed red pepper to kick up the heat enough to keep the kids out of it. The jerky was smoked over a chunk of red oak and that really added a nest dimension.[p]I got some venison jerky from KennyG, which was real gooood.
    RhumAndJerk[p]

·
  • alternityalternity Posts: 49
    RhumAndJerk,
    Ill trade you[p]I work on a private 9-Hole golf course and eliete old style 109 home community. I didnt have time to Q this weekend but was able to play 9 holes after work Saturday. And it was my second or really first time I had ever played. Now if I can just combine those 2 obsessions..golf..cooking great food..Id have it made ( and boy do I need lessions on driveing)

·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    alternity,
    I think that a mini would fit a golf cart nicely.
    R&J

·