Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Double Smoked Turkey Drumsticks

AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 664
edited 6:25PM in EggHead Forum
Smoked the turkey drumsticks two day ago and used them to make beans yesterday. Below is the drumsticks in the beans:[p]IMG_0554.jpg[p]Below is the drumsticks taken out and cooling for pulling:[p]IMG_0555.jpg[p]Below is the meat pulled from the drumsticks:[p]IMG_0558.jpg[p]The amount of meat from the drumsticks was plentiful. Half of the meat went back into the beans, the other half will be used for turkey salads and pulled turkey sandwiches. Thanks to Thirdeye for all the info. AZ

Comments

• AZ Traveler,
    What's the recipe for the smoked drumsticks?
    Mark

• AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 664
    markymark,
    The recipe was compliments of Thirdeye. Click on the link below. AZ

[ul][li]Double smoked turkey legs[/ul]
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    AZ Traveler,[p]Those turned out really nice! I really enjoy turkey sandwiches.[p]I recently added the curing brine I use for fresh drumsticks to my cookin' site. It's in the Turkey Section.[p]Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Click Here[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 664
    thirdeye,
    I just checked out your brining. That will work great. I'll be using those recipes for quite awhile. I really appreciate all the help and tips you supply to the forum. AZ