Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country style ribs?

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Plan on cooking cooking style ribs today. Will apply mustard then Char Crust. Plan on cooking about 250-275 indirect. How many hours for about 7 pounds? Thanks.[p]CWM

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Cooking ribs at those temps......4hrs at least- if u like fall of the bone. Anything under 4 hrs at those temps will be some effort getting meat off bone.
    ST

• Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 147
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I did some country style ribs this morning. I did 4 hours at 250, indirect, then 1 hour and a half in foil (had to go to Costco and get some groceries, or else one hour would have done) then one hour direct.[p]Started at 6 this AM and had to die for ribs at lunch.[p]
  • Sparky
    Sparky Posts: 34
    Options
    When you did your ribs did you cook them indirect or direct..
    I just got my EGG yesterday and I am doing spare ribs for the wife and neighbors.I ran it at 250 for 4 hr indirect then and am now in the foil stage...about 15 min left..Sorry if dumb question but I gotta ask...thanks

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    sparky, I always cook ribs indirect. These came out a litle dry. I cooked at 275 for 5 hours. Very tender but a litle dry.[p]CWM

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Just got back from camping and saw your post. I have had good results cooking indirect over a drip pan at 300-325 or so for 2-3 hours depending on thickness. Finish last 20-30 minutes direct over coals while brushing sauce on. They have never been dry when done this way, and have a very nice crust. Give this a shot on your next batch, and it might get you where you need to be. Worth a try anywho!
    Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Sparky
    Sparky Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for rhe info.. My ribs came out close.they were a little dry.I try higher temp next time and they almost fell off bone..I think I may have over done the hickory wood chunks..(Five)..Maybe a few less there too..[p]S.