Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

This weekend's butt cook results w/ lots of pics

BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
edited 10:52AM in EggHead Forum
Here's the cryopac. We don't get butts much larger than 7lbs out here. Well, I have seen bigger butts out here, but beleive me they were not appitizing. But, that's another story.[p]2007-3-4-1.jpg?t=1173029087[p]Here they are ready for 8 hours in the refrigerator. On the left: a 7 lb one injected with a filtered mix of Dr. BBQ’s Carolina Vinegar sauce and a cup of Bone Suckin’ sauce. The rub was his Big Time Rub. I used the injection as a mop for this one during the cook.[p]On the right; a 6 ¾ lb one rubbed with 80% Course Dizzy Dust and 20% Raging River (ran out of dizzy dust). [p]2007-3-4-2.jpg?t=1173029357[p]After 17 hours, which was the longest time per pound I’ve ever run into, they were ready for the cooler. The dryer pre-warmed towel in the cooler proved irresistible to my little assistant.[p]2007-3-4-3.jpg[p]Here’s the injected one. This was hands down the best butt I’ve ever cooked! The bark was simply amazing! When I took samples to the bar, there were yet more calls for me to open a place. I don’t know why I waited this long to do a serious try at injecting. I had wanted to use Dr. BBQ’s Big Pig that I made, but I grabbed the wrong jar and didn’t catch the error until it was to late. I’m still trying to figure out how to blame the GF. Anyway, if you have Bone Suckin’ sauce, give this a try and let me know what you think![p]2007-3-4-4.jpg[p]2007-3-4-5.jpg

Comments

• CabdriverCabdriver Posts: 69
    BabyBoomBBQ,
    Those pictures are great -- looks like a terrific cook. I haven't tried the injection process yet -- but after seeing these, I think I will.