Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many ribs?

Options
Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best way to cook a lot of baby backs? How many racks can be done at one time? I have about 12 family members coming on Sunday to see if egged ribs are as good as i have been "bragging" that they are. I want to have enough for all to enjoy along with some chicken parts for the kids. I am planning on doing the ribs first, to be done about an hour before hand. Then keep them warm in a weber gas grill(it's the only thing i can think it MAY be good for) while the chicken is cooking. I think I need a medium to add to my arsenal. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.[p]Chuck

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Chuck,
    Using a v-rack you can do 6 racks of ribs. When done wrap in foil and place in a cooler covered with towels. That will keep them hot without drying out.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    6-11.jpg
    <p />Chuck,[p]Here is a picture I took some time ago and it shows how I do 6 racks of baby backs. Like JJ said, just cook them on the V rack at 225-250. I flip mine 2-3 times during the cook to more venely cook them and I add sauce the last 60-45 min. My ribs always have come off the grill, and right on to the table.[p]Tim