Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How many ribs?

ChuckChuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best way to cook a lot of baby backs? How many racks can be done at one time? I have about 12 family members coming on Sunday to see if egged ribs are as good as i have been "bragging" that they are. I want to have enough for all to enjoy along with some chicken parts for the kids. I am planning on doing the ribs first, to be done about an hour before hand. Then keep them warm in a weber gas grill(it's the only thing i can think it MAY be good for) while the chicken is cooking. I think I need a medium to add to my arsenal. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.[p]Chuck

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Chuck,
    Using a v-rack you can do 6 racks of ribs. When done wrap in foil and place in a cooler covered with towels. That will keep them hot without drying out.

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    6-11.jpg
    <p />Chuck,[p]Here is a picture I took some time ago and it shows how I do 6 racks of baby backs. Like JJ said, just cook them on the V rack at 225-250. I flip mine 2-3 times during the cook to more venely cook them and I add sauce the last 60-45 min. My ribs always have come off the grill, and right on to the table.[p]Tim