Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Chicken Breast

Options
David
David Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to get some opinions on the best way to cook chicken breast. Low heat, high heat...etc. Thanks!

Comments

• onelegchef
    Options
    David,
    I would de-bone cook direct 375-400 turn every 15 minutes about 30-40 min a little DP and worcestershire should be great.
    Bobby-FTW,Tx

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC01314a.jpg
    <p />David,[p]For the last month I been one of the cooks doing taste testing for a guy who is considering marketing a chicken rub, so I've cooked a lot of chicken both white and dark meat.[p]For breasts I prefer bone-in because of the extra flavor the bone gives. It's a flip of a coin to cook skin off (pictured above) and skin on. Not being a skin eater, I like skin off because you can taste more of the rub, but it can dry out easier. To offset that, I always brine white meat.[p]I cook either indirect or raised direct between 275° and 350° grate temp, the higher temps used when indirect. I also baste 30 minutes before cooking and usually when turning.[p]I like my white meat at 160° internal, so at 150° to 155° I pull and cover with foil.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    David,
    Kinda high heat (375) flip often and pull when they feel firm. 165 internal is good. The ones with the bone will take a little longer. The boneless/skinless ones a lot shorter. Just stay with it and feel your way to done. You can do it low and slow but IMHO they won't be as good. Not as dry as other cookers, but more dry than you want.