Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1 lb. of salmon

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited 12:45AM in EggHead Forum
Please don't laugh, have 1 lb. of salmon to cook. Because it's such a small amount would you please advise me on how to do it.
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• New Bob,If you haven't tried salmon smoked with Alder wood, I would highly recommend it. It is my favorite meal. I just use a little lemon pepper on each side with a little spray of lemon flovored Pam. Soak the wood chips so they smolder and produce a good smoke. I like to cook it low (200-225 dome temp. If you have a one pound filet, it should take 20 minutes or so. I like to flip it once during the process. Alder wood and Salmon, a match made in heaven.

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    GMan,
    Thank you, I will give it a try this evening. Maybe I will try it on my new mini.
    Thanks,
    New Bob

• DecDec Posts: 70
    New Bob ,[p]You can also coat with olive oil, add some paprika, fresh ground pepper, ground sea salt, and dill. I sometimes add brown sugar, garlic, and lemon pepper. [p]Dec

• Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
    New Bob,
    We like it marinted in Teriaki for a couple of hours and then cooked with Alder chips at 225 for about 20 mins.
    Yummy Yummy!
    B D