Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook on GBE

Options
RobLobster
RobLobster Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last Tuesday I purchased my new large egg, so when Saturday came,I knew it was time to give the egg a try. So after tooling thru the recipes on the site I dicided to give Cat's baby backs a try. During the process of preparing the rub I knew that the favor would be outstanding. But after the 3 hours of smoking I knew that my dinner table would be like heaven.
The four slabs of ribs turned out awsome, my wife and guests were so amazed. It looks as if we will never use our gas grill again, we have been converted for life. I can't wait to hear the reviews from my father, I sent over a slab for them to try tonight..
Thanks a million to everyone for your words on this forum, who knows maybe if not for this forum we would still be grillin of that gas grill.....

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    RobLobster, congratulations..and the fun has just begun. Even warmed up in the micro..the taste is awesome. After over 4 years of almost daily cooks with this Green Egg, I still am looking forward to the next one. Tonight standard pork chops..about 3/4 inch thick..With plain mortons kosher salt and fresh ground peppercorn..Awesome chops.
    Spray em with olive oil first.
    Cheers..and welcome to the "Eggnastics".
    C~W