Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tuna Talk

alternityalternity Posts: 49
edited 12:59AM in EggHead Forum
Id just like to hear some more about Tuna because I saw a theread a whaile ago that was good and I enjoy it so much especially catching huge ones in Mexico once.
I have too ruined it from overcooking and smoking. I now found that there is only one way -fresh and seared.
I do a few things ..first get sushi grade which can run at 14$ a pound :(..after catching hundreds of pounds of and bringing lots back for free from my vacation once..Oh well.
I wash it in cold water pat dry~
apply light olice oil coat~
then I sprinkle a little White Whine Worschester sauce and light Soy~
coat with fresh garlic and Ginger liberally on both sides~
drench both sides in Coarse fresh ground black pepper~
very light sprinkle of sea salt~
_let set for a hour or three_
Fry that baby over lump coal and some cherry wood & pinch of hickory
for no more than 5 min a side depending on thickness[p]kick off excess char crust and slice thin then splay[p]put over bed of organic fresh local grown salad greens[p]toss a light oil vinegar or favorite salad dressing ( I love Annies Salad dressing's found in healthfood stores so much that I have almost stoped makeing my own similar homade recipies from scratch)[p]Best way I have found to eat the fish[p] enjoy [p] "I've gone and been a greedy boy, gone and eaten what I love-YOU!"[p][p][p][p][p]