Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Things you can do with fatties

DrivrDrivr Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay maybe the subject line is a little strange but I keep seeing people asking what to do with a fattie once you cook it. Well I smoked 3 last weekend and after they cooked I sliced em, put them in a big ziplock freezer bag for later use. so far this week I have used them to make a smokey, cheezy corn chowder which only taked 15 minutes to make, a great omlet for dinner Wednesday. and I also made fried rice using a finely chopped fatty instead of bacon last night.[p]Smokey, cheezy corn Chowder[p]1/3 - 1/2 pound smoked fatty sliced chopped fine
1 med onion chopped
1 can cream corn
1 can sweet corn
1 can chopped potatoes (use fresh if you have the time but the canned is real quick and just the right size for chowder)
1 cup shredded chedder cheese
4 cups milk
salt & pepper to taste
Fresh chopped parsley (optional)[p]Toss the sausage in a pot big enough to hold all the ingredients and fry it up a little to release any grease, add the onions and cook until just browning.
add everything else but the cheese and heat until just a simmer. turn off heat, add cheese, taste add salt and pepper garnish with the parsley.
Serve.

·