Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Things you can do with fatties

DrivrDrivr Posts: 163
edited 1:01AM in EggHead Forum
Okay maybe the subject line is a little strange but I keep seeing people asking what to do with a fattie once you cook it. Well I smoked 3 last weekend and after they cooked I sliced em, put them in a big ziplock freezer bag for later use. so far this week I have used them to make a smokey, cheezy corn chowder which only taked 15 minutes to make, a great omlet for dinner Wednesday. and I also made fried rice using a finely chopped fatty instead of bacon last night.[p]Smokey, cheezy corn Chowder[p]1/3 - 1/2 pound smoked fatty sliced chopped fine
1 med onion chopped
1 can cream corn
1 can sweet corn
1 can chopped potatoes (use fresh if you have the time but the canned is real quick and just the right size for chowder)
1 cup shredded chedder cheese
4 cups milk
salt & pepper to taste
Fresh chopped parsley (optional)[p]Toss the sausage in a pot big enough to hold all the ingredients and fry it up a little to release any grease, add the onions and cook until just browning.
add everything else but the cheese and heat until just a simmer. turn off heat, add cheese, taste add salt and pepper garnish with the parsley.
Serve.

·