Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Turkey Breast Questions

Dooms-DaveDooms-Dave Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a turkey breast brining right now and will be loading it into the BGE tomorrow. It is boneless and weighs about 4 pounds. [p]I need to know what temperature to cook to and approximate total time to cook one this size? [p]I will be using indirect with a drip pan I assume? [p]Any opinions on what to put in the drip pan (juice / water)?[p]Should I be spraying with olive oil during cook?[p]Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Comments

• ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
    Dooms Dave,
    I did a 7+ pound turkey breast last Sunday and it was the best ever! I coated the outside with olive oil and seasoned (see post on injecting above).
    I cooked mine at 275* for about 3 1/2 hours...internal of 180. I cooked indirect with an drip pan and the turkey on a 'V' rack. Also, threw a few potatoes (sweet and regular) on and had a great meal with even better sandwiches the next day!