Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Eggfest Pork Started!

Mike OelrichMike Oelrich Posts: 544
edited 9:18PM in EggHead Forum
<p />Pork for tomorrow went on at 10:30 this morning. Here's a picture to whet your appetites . . .

• BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Uh, umm, Mike, in case you forgot, other people will be making stuff too! That's quite a charge of pork! Sure it will be as good as I remember. Have a great day tomorrow.

• BBQfan1,[p] Made a little less than this last year and there weren't none left so I figure I oughtta be OK![p]MikeO
  • BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    MikeO,[p]That should be enough for our bass player and drummer. :-)[p]See you tomorrow,[p]Steve

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    I have not cooked a lot of pork, may I ask what cut of pork your cooking??? (Butts??) Looks really good, what size egg is that and about how long will they take to cook.
    Many Thanks,
    New Bob
    P.S. Have a great time.

• MikeO,
    How are you planning to reheat all that Pork tomorrow?

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    MikeO, Thas a triple whammy..A picture to drive even a vegetarian to meat guzzling. Great setup too!

• Kent,[p] No reheating necessary! I took it off at 0900 (after 22.5 hours of cooking) on Saturday, put each roast in a Reynolds Hot Bag (heavy duty foil) with some of the juice from the drip pan and packed everything in a cooler wrapped in a few towels (the food, not the cooler). Pulled the final one at the 'Fest after 1300 and it was still hot!![p]MikeO
  • New Bob,[p] Each one is a picnic roast -- sizes from 7-8.18 pounds. After 22.5 hours (the final 2 hours at 270F dome temp), internal temperatures were 192-194.[p]MikeO

First, sorry about the double post, hit the enter key by mistake. Just wanted to thank you for helping a newbie.
    New Bob

• MikeO,
    Thanks for the Info. After I thought about it I thought that you were cooking Slow and Low.[p]