Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Multiple butts and a hot dog question

MikeInMdsnMikeInMdsn Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all,[p]I've done a few single Boston butts with great success. I'm planning a feed for tomorrow evening and have two 7.5 lb. bone-in butts basking in JJ's rub in the fridge right now. Does an extra butt add much to the total cooking time? I'm goint to stick them on the Egg between 8 an 9 this evening. Guests will start to arrive about 6:30.[p]Also, in the event of a larger than expected crowd I'm going to have some hot dogs on hand. I haven't cooked them in years, much less on the Egg. WHat should I do as far as temp/cook time goes? I'm assuming I'll be doing them direct.[p]Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    MikeInMdsn , Both butts will cook nearly the same..the smaller of course will be done faster. I would add about 10% to my gestament..and if done quicker your o.k. Just foil wrap, and place in a empty cooler chest. Toss a towel over em for added insulation and they will be ready when you are.
    Direct with the wieners at around 400 to 500F is sufficient.
    Have fun..
    C~W[p]