Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping AlaskanC re: Alaska Style ABT's

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, how did the Alaska Style ABT's turn out? I think we all want to know...[p]Spring "Deeply Inquisitive Mind" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Hey Leroy - I don't have my own review of them because they were all gone by the time I made it back to the plate!
    Everyone said that they were awesome. I help my Aunt Diane with catering now & then, and she kept saying "we are going to make money with these!".[p]To answer your earlier question, the salmon is smoked in a homemade smokehouse with a hot plate at the bottom and chunks of alder added now & then. The fish is prepared by sprinkling it with rock salt and then a layer of brown sugar. It sits in a cold area overnight, and then rinsed off the next day. The fish sits for a few hours until a pellicle or skin forms on the flesh, and then it goes into the smokehouse for about 2 days.[p]I am planning on building my own smokehouse some time this summer so that I can start experimenting! :)

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    That's good news on both accounts. I think I should be able to swing doing it myself. Worth a try anyway.[p]Thanks. [p]Spring "Early Worm For The Early Bird" Chicken