Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4 butt cook wrap-up

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]Got home from church about 1:00pm and the BBQGuru really did it's job! I had left it in the "ramp" mode. I had also used a Maverick ET73 to check temps with one probe in the dome thermo hole and the other probe in one of the butts. The dome probe read 199 and the butt probe was at 198. I used the trusty thermopen and checked all four butts and all read anywhere from 198 to 204. Here are three of the four just after taking the fourth one off (in the upper right corner of the pic).[p]P2180021.jpg[p]I turned the indoor oven on at 170 (lowest setting) for about 5 minutes and then put the wrapped butts in the warm oven for a couple of hours before taking them out to pull. I think I can enjoy eating this.[p]P2180026.jpg[p]The two smaller and one of the two larger butts yielded ten foodsaver bags of about 3 cups each to go into the freezer for later use (maybe some ABTs in Ocala in three weeks).[p]P2180028.jpg[p]The other larger butt yielded two containers with plenty of good eating for this week.[p]P2180029.jpg[p]A very nice and easy cook to finish off the weekend! The link is back to the start of the cook last night.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

[ul][li]Start of 4 butt cook[/ul]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments