Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

A Bit Rusty, First Smoke of the Season Question

TOROLNSTNDTOROLNSTND Posts: 38
edited 6:30AM in EggHead Forum
Feeling a little rusty, and the archives are out of order, so, I've got an 8.5lb brisket, gonna start it around 9 tonight, 200-210 deg for 20 hours. Whaddaya think, sound about right? Giving the meat a dry rub for the overnight and a good thick baste of sauce around 2 tomorrow afternoon.
Hard to believe, the fall was so cooperative, kept Q-ing right through Dec, but this supposed spring has been nasty and I'm already a month behind on breaking out the Egg.

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,439
    TOROLNSTND,
    Glad to hear you are eggng again Mr. Rolling Stoned. I would go with 225-250 dome temp for that near-nine-pound chunk-o-chest. Should take somewhere between 15 and 20 hours before you pass the fork test.[p]have fun.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings