Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help with Wood Chips

Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
edited 7:37AM in EggHead Forum
Getting ready to plan my next Egg meal.
Used Alder chips for the first time last night to cook the greatest Salmon my wife and I have ever had.
How do I get rid of the unburned chips and the probable lingering taste in the grill. I put the wet chips right on the coals.
Has any one ever tried putting the chips in a container, etc. I saw a small cast iron one made by Broilmaster in a Home Depot.
Thanks for the help.
Have a Great Day,
Big Daddy

·

Comments

• RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Big Daddy,
    Do not worry about the leftover woodchips. Just leave them there for the next time. I only used the smoker boxes with gas grills where ash could be a problem.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

·