Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tried something new, thought I'd share.

Options
egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Let me get this out of the way, I didn't use the egg tonight :-([p]But I did try a great meatball soup that I saw on Emeril a few weeks back, I would HIGHLY recommend it! [p]It is a meatball/pasta/swiss chard soup. I could not get any swiss chard, so regular spinach worked fine. Also, a nice slice of swiss chesse on top of the piping hot soup will add a great touch.
I added more green onions as garnish too.[p]Here is the site for the recipe - [p]http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/recipe_print/0,1946,FOOD_9936_35096_PRINT-RECIPE-FULL-PAGE,00.html[p]The pasta was home made, also by hand, it is pretty easy. Here is the pasta recipe...[p]3 cups Semolina flour
2 eggs slightly beaten + enough warm water added to the eggs to = 1 cup.
2 tablespoon EVOO
2 teaspoons salt
In a bowl or on the clean counter mix the oil,salt,flour.
Slowly add the water/egg mixture until all incorporated.
Knead for about 10 minutes, until dough is stiff but workable.
Form a ball and wrap in plastic wrap, put in fridge for at least 1 hour.
Remove from fridge, cut dough in 1/2, wrap one half and put back in the fridge for future use, only half the dough is needed.
Cut the remaining dough in half or quarters to make it easy to roll.
Slightly flour a rolling pin and the counter and roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick. You may have to cut it in 1/2 alont the way to make it easier.
Let the dough dry for an hour on a rack.
Slice dough into your favorite size and shape pasta. I made my noodles 1/2" by 3"-4" long.
add to the broth when the soup recipe calls for them.[p]Fantastic soup.[p]20070210meatballsoup.jpg