Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

help: Felt problems

edited 8:07PM in EggHead Forum
I have a constant problem with my felt drying up, cracking or shinking. A felt seal only last me about 2-3 months. Honestly I'm tired of changing it. I remember reading about a fire place seal some folks were trying. Has anyone on the forum tried the fire place gasket and does anyone have any information on where I can get it.

• PainterPainter Posts: 464
    Tony , Go to bottom of this forum and click into archives for april 13-16-2001. On 4-10 there is a thread of gasket replacement, location and rutland product and other helpful stuff.
    If you can't find it check back

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Painter,[p]Here is the link.[p]

[ul][li]Gasket Replacement[/ul]
  • PainterPainter Posts: 464
    Spin, Thanks Buddy

• Painter,
    thanks I got the info from the archive I'll check Ace harware out..[p]

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Tony ,
    What makes you think the gasket needs replacing? [p]Tim[p]

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Tim M,[p]The felt on my Small went bye-bye a few weeks after I got it. Not knowing what I was doing, I left the dome open for too long on a high heat cook and burned it away. I've never replaced it and have been cooking well ever since. I can still shut down the fire in a small amount of time and control temps pretty well. I know there is a small amount of extra leakage occurring but it hasn't prevented me from making some great food.[p]Later,