Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket pulled for foil wrap rest

Options
BabyBoomBBQ
BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I put this 6.5 lb choice grade brisket flat on at about 4:45am and pulled it at about 2:30pm. A BBQGuru watched the fire while I tried to maximize plateau time with strategic adjustments. It was 195+ when pulled (you can see the probe hole in the center of the picture) & passed the "tenderness" test. Foiled and resting for now. Will be slicing soon.
2007-2-brisket1.jpg?t=1170896692

Comments

• BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,
    Here it is sliced. Sampling with Gates and Cattleman's now. I never seem to get a real thick smoke ring, but the smoke flavor is there.[p]2007-2-brisket2.jpg?t=1170903419

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,[p]That looks really good. How long did you get it to hang in the plateau and were you satisfied with the tenderness?[p]Seems everytime I use cherry, it puts a good smoke ring on the brisket. Nice job![p]john

• BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Well, I'd estimate I got about a 3.5 - 4 hour plateau. When I got up again at 8:30, internal temp was about 170. I then reduced the guru temp to 225 grid. I left for lunch at 12:00 and it was about 178. When I got back from lunch at 1:30, it was at 197 and ready to foil. [p]Re tenderness, I cut it as thin as 1/8" and it held togeather great for a sauce dip. It "flowered" when I bit into it and that's what I like, so I'm happy. Moist, tender and full of beffy flavor. I love it![p]I usually use cherry and hickory per Dr. BBQ, but I wanted something different so I used Jack chips like the Dizzy Pig Site recipe.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,[p]Sounds wonderful. Looks like you found a technique that works for you.... moist, tender and full of beefy flavor... congrats on a successful cook![p]john