Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I think I'm "one of you" now...

Cheryl
Cheryl Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I set up my {small} BGE last Sunday ... since then I've done steak, baby back ribs, shrimp, a whole chicken, and a small boneless leg of lamb on it. All would be deemed a success I think <G> (have had several neighbors venturing to my deck to see what smelled soooo good!) Haven't delved into the brining thing yet -- but I'm sure that will not be far off. [p]Thanks to you all for the friendly advice and answers!

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Cheryl,
    The best is yet to come as it only gets better from here. Welcome to the "Family"

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Cheryl,
    You became "one of us" when you purchased your FIRST Egg. Do not be alarmed when people look at you with raised eyebrows when you mention your Big Green Egg. Try to understand, they are without education. As a "cult member" we have to spread the word. At no time are we to falter. Never hesitate to speak to complete strangers about your Egg. We walk with our heads held high. At some point we will be required to attend 12 step meeting for our addictions to our Eggs...yes, Cheryl, the odds are you will buy a second and maybe even a third Egg then all will be right in the "Universe of the Egg at Your Home."
    Our Egg Elders should be treated with the utmost respect...Cat, C~W, JJ, Nature Boy, Spin and the list goes on.
    Yes Cheryl, you are one of us... ;-)[p]Carey

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Cheryl,
    Looks like you're going to be giving more cooking hints and ideas more than asking looking at your egging cooks already, but you know where to come for help if you need it. Welcome Aboard.
    Painter

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cheryl, They said it all,,,Happy Easter to my neighbor city girl. You will do well. Yell out when you need a tip or two.
    C~W[p]

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Cheryl,[p]Now all you have to do is be like Nature Boy, and take your Egg camping! :)

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Good for you, Cheryl; welcome aboard. Feel free to e-mail me if you are ever in need of a (Clinton, IA born) woman's point of view regarding outdoor cooking. JCA