Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Steak Questions

EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
edited 9:03PM in EggHead Forum
I can find several archived posts about marinating or adding bbq sauce to pork steaks carved from a Boston Butt but I don't find how they were cooked. What I know so far is to get a Boston Butt and have it sliced into half inch steaks. Then they were either marinated and grilled or grilled then thrown into a pan with bbq sauce to simmer. What I don't know is what dome temp to cook them, how long, direct or indirect, what moon phase is best :-), etc... I know I'll get some differing ideas but I would appreciate more info from anyone who has done this or stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Thanks.
XLBGE & LBGE
North Richland Hills, TX
·

Comments

• EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    EggRacer,[p]I just noticed thirdeyes method below. Any other suggestions?
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • EggRacer,
    Just got through posting about the pork steaks I did today. Mine were 3/4 thick. Go down to the post from yesterday where I asked the same questions and Thirdeye's comments will walk you through it. Good luck.

·
  • EggRacer,
    No, no more suggestions, I just pretty much followed his directions. I put Dizzy Dust on them before I cooked them and that's all the prep work I did to them.

·