Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

"Nimmy" About those turkey legs..!!

Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You asked and I did a pair (beat NB I betcha) of em. they were simple to do and had a red texture all the way thru the dark meat. Would I do it again..dang right I will. Thanks for the push. The meat pulled loose from those stringy leg splints in the muscles. Just use a common brine of your choice and add 3/4 to 1 cup of Mortons Tenderquick. Let em sit for 24 to 48 hours in the brine. Then rinse em real good dry, season (I used Lawrey: Lemon Pepper) and spray with olive oil and cook low and slow (did mine for 5.5 hours with loinbacks) They were delish...Next time I might go for the same thing only at 350F degrees and baste with a good BBQ sauce all the way thru the cook..every twenty minutes for a hour to hour and a half.
(JJ don't look)
I did foil wrap those legs the last hour in sauce, but I would rather have em carmelized exterior..too soupy sauced in foil.
Cheers to ya..till next time..
Char-Woody.

Comments