Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

looking for a homemade dipping sauce for ribs and wings.

Options
mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well getting ready to cook for the superbowl and was thinking ribs and wings and probably a pulled pork!! but i would love to make my own bbq dipping sauce.so what better place to look then here.please send me what you got and will then choose a couple to serve this weekend!!
thanks mike
also looking to try pulled pork nachos....saw it the other night and man it looks to be really good stuff!!

Comments

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    mikeb6109,[p]The following was published in the Times Picayune today as as park of the Super Bowl menu. I have not made it, but I have done root beer glaze for ham. I think it should work and I plan to try it this weekend. They said it goes well with pulled pork.[p]Root Beer Barbeque Sauce:[p]1 (2 liter) bottle root beer
    1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup yellow mustard
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon Tabasco
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter[p]In a large saucepan reduce root beer to 1 cup over medium heat. About 1 hour.[p]Add vinegar, ketchup, mustard, lemon juice, Worchestershire, Tabasco, salt and pepper. Stir well and simmer 20 minutes.[p]Finish with butter to give sauce extra body and flavor.

• RobMonctonNB
    Options
    For a stronger beer taste...I would use a can or bottle of regular beer (without reducing it) with some sugar/molasses.[p]Thanks for the recipe....I"ll give it a whirl.

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    BOBF,
    hmmmmmmmm sounds like a good one!!! definetly going to be on the try list!!!
    thanks mike