Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tonight's Flank Steak

ArvadaManArvadaMan Posts: 202
edited 5:10PM in EggHead Forum
flank.jpg
<p />Here is half of a flank steak I found in the bargin bin at the local King Soopers tonight. Tenderized it, marinated in soy and teriyaki, dusted it with Emeril's Baby Bam, and cooked it for 8 minutes per side at 400F.[p]Tasty!

Comments

• Arvadaman,[p]Huh.........you tenderize. Does anybody else tenderize their tough pieces of meat? I saw that in a steak competition on the Food Network but have never done it myself. I usually cook the meat rare and slice across the grain.[p]Howard
  • ArvadaManArvadaMan Posts: 202
    Howard,[p]I use my Jaccard tenderizer on all the steak I cook. I am not known for spending money on the finer grades of steak and the most tender cuts. I still sliced it thinly across the grain and served with horseradish sauce.
  • Arvadaman,
    That is a nice looking steak. Good job. AZ

• Arvadaman,[p]oh, okay....I thought you meant a seasoning meat tenderizer.[p]Howard