Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about cooking ribs for carne adovado

Options
chuckls
chuckls Posts: 399
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got some rib meat I cut from spare slabs when I cut for St. Louis style ribs. The breastbone cut & some flap.[p]I want to cook this for inclusion in carne adovado - but I shouldn't have to cook for 6 hrs like I do ribs, right? Can I cook for an hour or two at higher temp (350) then finish the cook in the chili colorado - or will the meat be really tough??[p]Chuck

Comments

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    DSC00745.jpg
    <p />chuckls,
    I only have one data point to share on this, and it's not at the higher temp. Thirdeye is the expert and others probably have much more experience. But the one time that I cut St. Louis ribs out of spares (best ribs yet, BTW), I cooked them all together. And I ate the small end morsel after 4hrs at 250F dome, indirect. It was fully cooked and tender. The breastplate stayed on the full 6hrs at 250F. It was reheated the following day as leftovers and was still tender and juicy. So, if you want to cook them fully on the Egg, I would say somewhere between 4 and 6 hours at 250F. I would imagine that you could reduce this time at higher temps or for continued cooking in the chili.[p]Best of luck,[p]Scott