Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dear Bill,

Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited 10:19AM in EggHead Forum
I am sitting here wondering what to say, and this is the best I can do. [p]You have been our guiding light in our darker hours. [p]You lifted our spirits when we were down. [p]Your guidance here has helped forge a real family atmosphere where even those that disagreed with you held you in respect. [p]Your presence as "Answer Egg" was enlightening and straight forward and your "answer's" always to the point and accurate.[p]You set examples of character, honesty, and fairplay that we can all try to emulate. This is your legacy you leave us with. [p]We will try to hold steadfast to your dreams and work here![p]God Bless and Gods Speed friend Bill! [p]
·

Comments

• GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    Char-Woody,[p]I don't think it can be said any better.[p]Thanks C~W

·
  • CatCat Posts: 556
    [p]Thanks, Fred. I can't believe he's gone.

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Char-Woody,
    Said like a true friend.
    Larry

·
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    Char-Woody,[p]Very well stated as the true friend that you are. Right now, words cannot express the void I feel. May the good Lord watch over our friend Bill in his new home.[p]K~G
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    0607.jpg
    <p />Char-Woody,
    Not much I feel like saying today. Bill was a really nice guy - I will miss him immensely![p]Tim

·
  • Tim M,
    Thank you for posting that picture. It gives all of us newbies a chance to connect a face with someone who has been a tremendous help. Bill will be sorely missed![p]Dr. Chicken

·
  • Char-Woody, Most excellent. A true friend is the hardest to part with.
    ours in the egg--The Colonel

·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Char-Woody,
    I am sure that Bill is discussing the finer points of Q-ing with the Lord and thanking him for sending us the joys of the egg.[p]I will raise a glass in his honor tonight.
    Every time the smoke rises, we will all remember Bill.[p]RhumAndJerk

·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Char-Woody,[p]Amen and thank you.[p]Spin

·
  • Tim M,
    I agree with you. Although I knew Bill for a short time, I will really miss him. Brenda, I am so sorry for your loss.

·
  • MaryMary Posts: 190
    Char-Woody,
    Well expressed. Thank you.[p]Mary

·