Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dear Bill,

Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited 5:17AM in EggHead Forum
I am sitting here wondering what to say, and this is the best I can do. [p]You have been our guiding light in our darker hours. [p]You lifted our spirits when we were down. [p]Your guidance here has helped forge a real family atmosphere where even those that disagreed with you held you in respect. [p]Your presence as "Answer Egg" was enlightening and straight forward and your "answer's" always to the point and accurate.[p]You set examples of character, honesty, and fairplay that we can all try to emulate. This is your legacy you leave us with. [p]We will try to hold steadfast to your dreams and work here![p]God Bless and Gods Speed friend Bill! [p]

• GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    Char-Woody,[p]I don't think it can be said any better.[p]Thanks C~W

• CatCat Posts: 556
    [p]Thanks, Fred. I can't believe he's gone.

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Said like a true friend.

• KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    Char-Woody,[p]Very well stated as the true friend that you are. Right now, words cannot express the void I feel. May the good Lord watch over our friend Bill in his new home.[p]K~G
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    <p />Char-Woody,
    Not much I feel like saying today. Bill was a really nice guy - I will miss him immensely![p]Tim

• Tim M,
    Thank you for posting that picture. It gives all of us newbies a chance to connect a face with someone who has been a tremendous help. Bill will be sorely missed![p]Dr. Chicken

• Char-Woody, Most excellent. A true friend is the hardest to part with.
    ours in the egg--The Colonel

• RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    I am sure that Bill is discussing the finer points of Q-ing with the Lord and thanking him for sending us the joys of the egg.[p]I will raise a glass in his honor tonight.
    Every time the smoke rises, we will all remember Bill.[p]RhumAndJerk

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Char-Woody,[p]Amen and thank you.[p]Spin

• Tim M,
    I agree with you. Although I knew Bill for a short time, I will really miss him. Brenda, I am so sorry for your loss.

• MaryMary Posts: 190
    Well expressed. Thank you.[p]Mary