Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating brisket

Options
randomegger
randomegger Posts: 194
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Previous failures not withstanding, I again attempted a brisket cooked in the classic butt over brisket fashion yesterday. I pulled the brisket at 195 or so, foiled it and eventually stuck it in the fridge - whole. [p]What's the best way to reheat the sucker for dinner tonight? Should I slice it first?

Comments

• Grillicious
    Options
    randomegger, did you put it in an ice chest before refridgerating? I did a 10lb brisket last weekend and refridgerated after 2 hrs in an ice chest. My wife reheated it in the oven at about 250* in a pan tightly wrapped in foil with some beef broth and the juices from the foil before refridgerating. Tender was not a question, but I was concerned it would be dry, but it came out nice and juicy. I wouldn't slice it before reheating as that would let the juices run out.