Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No Pressure Here...

Options
BurntRaw
BurntRaw Posts: 565
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been on the road for a bit and am working out of the house today when my wife sends an e-mail. The final line of the message is:[p]"See ya soon – lets have some really good food for dinner – don’t care what it is as long as it’s cooked on the egg!"[p]Really good food? Don't care what it is? On the egg? - okay, I agree with this one; but the other two seem like a bit of a trap.[p]I can picture my father saying, "you don't care what it is; then it will be Chocolate Covered Moose Turds." Can't imagine these would be good on the egg (plus tough to find this time of year). Oh the pressure.[p]Any ideas? [p][p]

Comments

• randomegger
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    Had the same thing happen earlier in the week. We went with pork tenderloins. Easy to prep and quick to cook.
    RE

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    better make sure it is one of HER favorites, not yours. .. i get that all the time "whatever you want dear". ..wife translation. ."it better be somthing you know i like buster!!!" ...

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    Better make her what is her first choice would be.Are there Moose in Texas?

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    BurntRaw,[p]Saw a Moose turd once in Maine in the winter and I have to tell you it wasn't hard to find. It was fresh and it was steaming! Might take 4 or 5 pounds of chocolate to cover the one I saw. Impressive! Steaming Moose Turds? I'll bet someone can dream up something new using DP so we can name it SMT
  • BurntRaw
    Options
    randomegger,
    Thanks for the suggestion! We had a Pork Tenderloin last week, and with just the two of us I threw the other one in the freezer - the thaw time would not have worked.[p]Thanks again.

• BurntRaw
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Very good point and I agree 100%. Unfortunately that seems to change on a weekly basis (her favorite that is).[p]So I went with the "safe" choice - got a slab of babybacks on right now. Threw together a little macaroni salad and will put a pot of baked beans on the small.[p]I can guarantee one thing...one of us will be happy!

• BurntRaw
    Options
    darnoc,[p]Only if you go to the lodge on a Saturday night![p]My pappy was raised in the "UP" (upper peninsula of Michigan which really should be Wisconsin if you think about it!) and I was raised in northern Wisconsin.[p]I never seen a Moose up there either so I am not sure what his fascination with their turds were other then wanting to serve them for dinner.[p]Aw the memories. I think I am going to go brush my teeth...[p]
  • BurntRaw
    Options
    Sundown,
    Are you sure it was Moose?[p]You know, stike lives in that corner of the world.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    BurntRaw,[p]Naw, this pile was not of a human and we saw the tracks in the snow. Stike has little feet.
  • Sandbagger
    Options
    BurntRaw, slip into your birthday suit and jump in the egg. Just be careful closing the dome....ah am I in trouble again.....