Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Question for TIM M!!

SundownSundown Posts: 2,961
edited 12:40PM in EggHead Forum
Tim,
A few days(?) ago you had a post about an new grill that BGE had. Something to do with sides that lifted up?
What can you tell me about it? Have you used it? Your feelings about it? And, do you have any idea why the folks at BGE keep this stuff such a secret?
Thanks.
Carey

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    myegg2.jpg
    <p />Sundown,[p]You have me confused with someone. I never posted anything like that any time lately - maybe 3-5 months ago.[p]I do have the Side-Mates side tables on my large Egg. They fold down. You remove the bands and then add the Egg-Mates and reattach. It took me 1 hr to do it because the instructions are not good but its easy to figure out. I love them and they are very handy!![p]Tim
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Sundown,
    Could you be referring to the grid extender????? It is hinged in the middle and will lift up from either side. I ordered one because of the picture I saw, (I do believe it was Tim M.) I ordered it from BGE, price $ 17.95 plus shipping. I also ordered the plate setter at the same time. Wish I had ordered the pizza stone also. Good Luck,
    New Bob

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,961
    Tim M,
    Ooopsie. Thought it was you that made the post. Guess I'll have to keep trying.[p]Carey

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,406
    New Bob ,
    I thought he was talking about tthe grid extender too. "New grill" might mean new grid.
    I want one of those too. I will buy one at the fest.
    Great end of the weekend you.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Nature Boy,
    You are correct, thet seem to be one and the same. On my invoice order it says "grill extender". If you go to the top of the forum page and click on "what's new" it is listed as a "grid extender". Happy Q-ing.
    New Bob

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    grid6.jpg
    <p />New Bob,
    Sorry - Here it is.[p]Tim

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,961
    Tim M,
    That's it!
    Thank you all[p]Carey

• GordyGordy Posts: 49
    Got one for Christmas, use it like a V rack, does it serve any other purpose, guess I'm missing something