Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I dont know bout y'all, but I still love my gasser

phreakingeekphreakingeek Posts: 34
edited 9:03AM in EggHead Forum
It keeps my lump dry, has a drawer for my ash tool, and it sacrificed to give my weed burner tool a nice big propane tank...

Anyway, now that i got your blood boiling...

I finally got the BGE. I ordered it 2 weeks ago and built the table while i was awaiting delivery. The assembly was going along swimingly...until i realized it would be really difficult to open. Somehow in my haste, i had forgotten to put the handle on the top ring prior to torquing it down. So, i had to dismantle it and take the top dome off to get the handle installed.

Once done and the paper test was completed (and schoolgirl-ish giggling subsided) i loaded up the firebox with some Royal Oak and hit it with the 2 foot long flame from the weed burner. I have to say...that weed burner is about as quick and easy to start a lump as you can find. After trying to coax my big square metal box smoker into a decent temp and keep the coals going, the BGE is a dream come true.

The only meat in the house was some chicken tenderloin...and i had em over the coals ASAP. Since i'm new to the Egg...i managed to over cook those little slivers of meat. So, now that i've got my fridge stocked for the upcoming weekend...spareribs, pork butt, t-bones, and a couple chickens...I'm hoping to take in all I've read here and finally get some good home BBQue.

Comments

• EggtuaryEggtuary Posts: 400
    I'm glad you're enjoying your new toy! Start easy, so you get the hang of temperature control. Temps are a lot easier to maintain in the 325 to 450 range, so start there (burgers, chicken, etc.) Then get more adventurous (low and slow pork butt, brisket, etc.)

By the way, you posted on biggreenegg.net rather than biggreenegg.com. Messages on the .com site appear in both places, but those posted on .net only appear here. Most of the veterans only look at the .com site, so they never saw your post. I just thought I'd better let you know, so you don't think you're being snubbed!

Enjoy your new Egg!

Mike