Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeeehaaa, my MIni Arrived today, nearly unscathed!! And a separate note to consider!!

Options
Char-Woody
Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My crumpled box came today with the Mini BGE, and event the peanuts were falling out down the driveway when placed in my Garage by UPS. I shuddered and thought the worst had happened..Gingerly, I removed a enormous amount of packing, and there inside another box..was my long lost Mini BGE..Still not convinced, I tugged and lifted my baby out and place it on some packing..unwrapped another layer of bubble wrap, and yeeeehaaaa, the casting was whole..I will check the dome later. Nay..I will do it now..BRB...
I ran my fingernails around the inside...No cracks..:-)
I unloaded the interior and again..well wrapped, so far, so good...but, in the attempts of UPS to destroy yet another one, there was a large quarter size chip from the lip of my dome cap. Chips layin inside the wrapping...
No problem to this happy camper..I can fix that one very quickly and easily. Some of JJ's old Epoxy or some firebrick mortar and it will be invisible..
My thanks to HalcoGrill (I spelled it right this time) for a terrific job, and also my appreciation for all the headaches this period caused them in customer service.

The second part...There was some downhill slides in the postings to JJ's comment regarding boycotting Chinese products. His interest was patriotic in thought, and there were several postings in the group that IMHO, were of immense value to us all. Unfortunately it became a soapbox derby with my own postings included.
I think we can all agree that we can shake hands..and go from here. With that, and thanks to a editorial including this one from djm5x9 Darryl this morning I will leave you with this to consider.
___________________________________________________________________[p]Here’s something attributed to Father Denis O'Brian, of the US Marine Corps. [p]
It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press. [p]It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.[p]It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.[p]It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.[p]It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Char-Woody, well then. Welcome to land of the Green Minis. I think you will really enjoy it - as soon as you get it fired up (which is probably about right now - chip or no chip).

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Wise One, Its rain and fog outside...no place for my newbie BGE..I think I sneak out for a side of french fries and mushroom and swiss tonight...! z:-)

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Hey, hey! Congrats on the new addition to the family! I'm quite sure you'll make good use of it. I have a pork loin defrosting that will be good to cook tomorrow or Sunday. Also have some wings ready to go. Most likely, both will be done on the mini. Gotta play with the new toys...[p]Hopefully, you'll be providing us with some pics of your new adventures with your other new toy (the digi cam).[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    I do not mean to revive an old thread, but I just read your post and I love it. There is one more thought that always sticks with me.[p]Nobody prays for Peace more than a solider. [p]Thank you for the reminder,
    RhumAndJerk[p]