Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Bourbon we found to be excellent, great for bourbon chicken (w/recipe)...

mojopinmojopin Posts: 200
edited 10:36PM in EggHead Forum
Hey all, if anyone is interested, the brand is Phillips Union. It's a blended bourbon/whiskey. Absolutely amazing. Not to mention it got me totally toasted for the holidays. They have a reg, vanilla and cherry. They all taste great, and my boyfriend almost prefers it over the Crown Royal special reserve.[p]And so that it is not off topic, here's my bourbon chicken recipe that we had the other night... sorry no pics, we were too hungry.[p]Bourbon Chicken with Mushrooms and Pineapple[p]2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
16 oz. container button mushrooms (cleaned)
1 can pineapple slices (leave as whole rings)
1/4 cup pineapple juice from can of pineapple slices
1/2 cup vanilla bourbon (or any bourbon I am sure)
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbs. DP Shakin' the Tree (awesome stuff)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tbs. minced ginger
1 tsp. powdered ginger
3 tbs. chopped garlic
salt & pepper to taste[p]Mix all ingredients for the marinade (not the chicken, mushrooms & pineapple. Add the chicken & mushrooms to the marinade, toss to coat. Lay the pineapple on top of the chicken & mushrooms to kind of marinate as well. Pop in the fridge for 1-2 hours.[p]Fire up your Egg to 350°-400° direct.[p]Put everything directly on the grill, I use the cast iron grid so the mushrooms and pineapple don't fall through.[p]Cook until done... I think it took about 45 minutes I wasn't really paying attention. Basically when the chicken is done, so is everything else.[p]Reduce the leftover marinade on the stove top, add a little extra bourbon and a few drops of hot sauce to kick it up a notch. Reduce until half, add 1 tsp. cornstarch in cold water then add to reduction.[p]This sauce goes great over the rice you are going to serve it with.

Comments

• mojopin,
    That sounds excellent, I will try it this week. Thanks

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.