Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

steaks

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have some sirloin strip and ribeyes, 3/4-1 inch thickness. I want to sear and dwell, probably seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning. How hot and how long? Thanks. I want to eat at halftime of the first game tonight, but I have some ribs cooking now for an appetizer.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    choo choo,
    I would do 3 minutes a side at 650-750, and dwell for 2 or 3 for medium. If you like them really red, dwell for a minutes or less.
    Ribs and steaks. Yum.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    choo choo,[p]NB gave you some good times to try but as you can see they are short times so things are cooking pretty fast. Next time at the meat market you might try for 1" min thickness and 1.5-2" is best. Thicker is easier to deal with on the Egg at those temps. Meat less than 1" will over cook quite often. Good luck and hope they turn out for you.[p]Tim
  • Tim M,[p]Thanks for the advice. The wifie picked the steaks up at the store, so they are a bit slim. But we will have a good feast tonight anyway.