Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rib question

Larry McSassLarry McSass Posts: 56
edited 9:45PM in EggHead Forum
Doing ribs, planned on 3/1/1, but ran into a little emergency...I put them on at 250, and had the vents opened a little more than I should have. I left the house for about an hour, called my wife, and the Egg was up just over 350. I had her close the vents and let it begin to drop. When I got home it was around 300 and about an hour and 45 min into the cook. It's now at 275 and about 3 hours into the cook. They look dark, but I think it's from the brown sugar I put on them with Dizzy Dust. Should I still do the foil? Should I change anything? Are they farther along than they would normally be or will extra time once the temp gets low not matter too much? Any advice would be appreciated...it's time to foil them if need be. Thanks!

Comments

• UGAVETUGAVET Posts: 577
    Larry McSass,
    I would foil them with a small amount of apple juice in the bottom of the foil for about an hours. They should be fall off the bone tender at that point. Then baste with sauce on grill for about 1/2 hour or so.

• Larry McSass,[p]If you feel that you have your ribs "ahead of schedule" then you can foil them and put them in a warm cooler (wrapped in towels like you would a pork butt) for an hour or so. Then take them out and crisp them up on the Egg before serving.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA