Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib results

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the help of Tim's site and Chris, I was able torelish in the best ribs I have honestly ever done. Not that I do a lot of ribs but the ones I have done in the past are exactly that....in the past.[p]One thing I just don't understand. Do Country style ribs ever become really tender. I have done them so many ways and they always turn out the same. I'm gonna give them a rest and stick with baby backs.[p]On a jerky note. I am taking back what I thought was the best meat for jerky. I have used brisket and thought that was the best. Well I did both brisket and sirloin tip this week end. Both marinated together and cooked together. Result??????? The sirloin tip roast has 3 times the flavor as the brisket. It's more tender and has oodles (did I just type oodles?) more flavor.[p]Learn something new every day.[p]It will taste mighty good eating it out of a boat in Virginia next week while I'm in search of that 10 pound bass...<))))))):>[p]Mick

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    MickeyT., Jerky comes in all shapes and tastes..Glad you found the "other" meats..:-) Good luck on the bass, I am looking for the same size Walleye this spring.
    And Jerky will be in the can next to the worm's..hope I not get em mixed up....cheers...C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    Country ribs don't get as tender as ribs, and have a different texture. I think they are more tender than chops, but not as pull apart tender as ribs. Nice and meaty though, and a good change of pace.[p]Glad it worked well. Enjoy the fishin.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ