Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chuck roast

Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any recomendations for a boneless chuck roast?????? A wonderful weekend here so I might as well keep learning how to use the BGE. My hat is off to all of you.
Have a "Great Weekend"
New Bob[p]Have to put the sunscreen on my "Solar Dome"

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    New Bob, I like to cook a chuck roast a bit different than most as I like to sear it, cook it indirect over a drip pan at 300F for several hours..and then either put it in a aluminum foiled line pan..place veggies (potato, sliced onion, garlic, celery, carrots,etc = your choice's) in on and around the roast. cover and seal with another sheet of foil and cook till the meat is fall apart tender.
    Season with kosher salt and ground peppercorn prior to the cook. If you have never tried the Salt Crust roast, I will forward it to you via e.mail...
    Cheers..
    C~W[p]

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Char-Woody,
    Thanks, sounds like a winner. Will give it a try this weekend. Great Q'n weather here.
    New Bob

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    New Bob,[p]The method that Char-Woody described is truly a winner. I basically do the same approach with the exception that the "lo' and slo'" cook is between 250°F and 275°F. Basically we're replicating the crock pot method to cooking a chuck roast.[p]Good luck.[p]Puj