Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks for the Cranberry Relish

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hated cranberry anything until this. HOLY MOLY is this stuff good. I put it on biscuts this morning. It's going on a wheel of brie next. Thanks for posting it, I can't remember who.
For any who care, here it is.[p]1 package of fresh cranberries
1 apple
1 orange
1 cup of sugar
some pecans.[p]Add berries, apple and peeled orange into processor, puree
add sugar, chopped pecans and chill.[p]That's it!!

Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Hey Billy,
    Do you put the apple in whole and the orange in without seeding???

• Wardster,
    Details man..details....

• HolySmokes
    Options
    Wardster,[p]Cranberry relish is a required tradition around here.[p]2 packages cranberries; drain, rinse, and cull soft ones.
    1 orange, halved, remove seeds and top and bottom (leave 2/3 of peel.
    1/2-3/4 cup of sugar (to taste)[p]puree moderately (don't make it into paste, there should be some chunks left), and let sit in the fridge for two days (this lets the sugar infuse everything, which is why you only need 1/2-3/4 of a cup for two lbs. of berries).[p]nuts? don't think so! but that's /our/ recipie. Wouldn't be turkey without it.
    HolySmokes

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    egret,[p]Core the apples (I do it by quartering and then slicing off the core portion.) If the oranges have seeds, remove them, but otherwise toss the whole thing in, peel and all. You have to quarter (more or less) the fruit anyway to get the processor to handle it properly.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Haggis,
    Thank ya' kindly........

• Chrispy Bob
    Options
    Wardster,.....Cranberry Relish on Steroids![p]Cranberry relish with horseradish to taste. Served over a block of softened cream cheese. Serves with crackers.
    Good stuff![p]Chrispy Bob

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    4c07ea4d.jpg
    <p />Chrispy Bob,[p]I've made several of Chubby's planked brie appetizers this holiday season, one of which had a orange/cranberry relish. I like the addition of horseradish you mentioned....[p]<font size="3.5" color="green">~t<html><font size="3.5" color="red">h<html><font size="3.5" color="blue"><font size="3.5" color="blue">i<html><html><font size="3.5" color="orange">r<html><font size="3.5" color="green">d<html><font size="3.5" color="red">e<html><font size="3.5" color="blue">y<html><font size="3.5" color="orange">e<font size="3.5"<font size="3.5" color="red">~<html><font size=3.5" color="black"><html>

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • thirdeye,
    ok then... that's the forth time i've copied/pasted into word from this thread!
    can this cranberry treatment get any better!?[p]are you guys sure about the entire orange? rind and all?

• thirdeye
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Not sure what other recipe you are following, I used the one off of the Ocean Spray bag. Here is a copy from their site. It calls for an unpeeled orange. I left a few cranberries whole just so it could be identified...[p]<font size="3.5" color="green">~t<html><font size="3.5" color="red">h<html><font size="3.5" color="blue"><font size="3.5" color="blue">i<html><html><font size="3.5" color="orange">r<html><font size="3.5" color="green">d<html><font size="3.5" color="red">e<html><font size="3.5" color="blue">y<html><font size="3.5" color="orange">e<font size="3.5"<font size="3.5" color="red">~<html><font size=3.5" color="black"><html>[p]FRESH CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH [p]INGREDIENTS:[p]1 12-ounce package Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, rinsed and drained
    1 unpeeled orange, cut into eighths and seeded
    3/4-1 cup sugar[p]DIRECTIONS:[p]Place half the cranberries and half the orange slices in food processor container. Process until mixture is evenly chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining cranberries and orange slices. Stir in sugar. Store in refrigerator or freezer. [p]Makes about 3 cups. [p]NOTE: May also be prepared in a food grinder.[p]Per Serving: (1/4 cup) Cal. 67 (3% DV), Fat Cal. 0, Pro. 0g (0% DV), Carb. 17g (5% DV), Fat 0g (0% DV), Chol. 0mg (0% DV), Sod. 0mg (0% DV), Vit. A 4RE (0% DV), Vit. C 10mg (16% DV), Vit. E 0mg (0% DV), Calcium 6mg (0% DV), Folate 4Ug (0% DV), Zinc 0mg (0% DV), Pot. 40mg (1% DV), Dietary Exchange: Fruit 1[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye
    Options
    Never mind, I backed up and found the recipe...the nuts would be a nice touch.[p]<font size="3.5" color="green">~t<html><font size="3.5" color="red">h<html><font size="3.5" color="blue"><font size="3.5" color="blue">i<html><html><font size="3.5" color="orange">r<html><font size="3.5" color="green">d<html><font size="3.5" color="red">e<html><font size="3.5" color="blue">y<html><font size="3.5" color="orange">e<font size="3.5"<font size="3.5" color="red">~<html><font size=3.5" color="black"><html>
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye,
    i think i'll just use a little zest, not the entire rind when i make it (i've got some clementines that need eaten). if i only had some cranberries..............[p]thanks guys!