Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Final Results Picture.......

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
20061225_0483.jpg
<p />Picture of the 4 bone in Prime Rib that weighted 9.7 lbs......[p]Came out perfect. I did sear it and did lose some amr hair in the process but it was well worth it. At one point I had some concerns on whether or not I would be able to get it off of the egg since it was flaming up so much at 600 degrees.

Comments

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    WVU_Egg,[p]Wow!
  • WVU_Egg,
    very nice/ uniform color without the ring of well done at the edge. How did the cook proceed after the sear? I would do this, except for the lack of rendered fat for Yorkshire....

• Frozen Chosen,
    I actually had 2 Prime Ribs cooking that day. The first one (8 lbs) had a lot of the fat trimmed off. This one had more of a fat cap on it that I didn't trim off. THus the sear was very intense and very dangerous. But after the sear, and resting for 25 minutes or so, I merely cooked indirect at 310 using my BBQ guru. Used some hickory and some cherry chips but not enough to overpower the meat.[p]This one was rubbed with the Raising the Steaks rub by Dizzy Pig and I used some Billy Bee Honey Mustard. On the other one, I just used plain old Sea Salt, Pepper and yellow mustard. [p]Egg'd both until 125 internal and they both came out perfect Medium Rare. Plenty of leftovers for family members to take so everyone is happy today.