Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Blast Off - 1st Butt

edited 2:13AM in EggHead Forum
Well here goes...1st Butt (7.5lb) in the Egg at 1:00am; here's hopin'. Rubbed it down with "Southern Succor" from "Smoke n' Spice", sploobered it with mustard & put it in BGE with some pecan & apple chunx. Will stay up a little longer to make sure temp is stable & then hit the sack. See you all on the other side...ERIC

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    E.B/, Yer off, down the yeller brick road. Hope you have a good overnight burn..I just finishe a 14.5 hour run. A short one of my cooks.

• RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Yeeeeeehawww, you are in for a treat. [p]I also am set kick off a butt tonight. It has been a long time since I last cooked a butt, so late last night I went to the store to retrieve a 6.5 lb butt. On went the mustard and then JJ’s rub. It is sitting in the refrigerator waiting for me to come home. This is the first time I have ever done a butt this way. I will use some Pecan to smoke it.[p]By the way, welcome to the forum.