Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wok 'n roll

Options
El Jefe
El Jefe Posts: 96
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
intrigued by the wok on the egg. can someone help with the set-up, size needed for a medium, etc. thanks!

Comments

• Sandbagger
    Options
    wokchickenvieggies.jpg
    <p />El Jefe, I have a medium egg and use a 14" wok carbon steel wok. They cost about $10. I made a ring to hold the wok. The ring sits on the egg's fire ring and raises the wok above the fire ring to allow a space for airflow between the wok and fire ring. [p]The medium egg's fire ring is approx. 12 inches in diameter. You could try sitting the wok on the fire ring and see what happens. I'm not crazy about this method as it limits air flow. In order to wok, you need a hot fire, similar to cooking steaks. [p]wokringinegg.jpg[p]14inchinegg.jpg[p]The pictures are a 14" wok in the large egg. Woking in the egg is fun and a good break from doing the typical butt or burger.....Good Luck, Tom